For Your Enjoyment
If you have any honey recipes that you would like to share please send them along to swarmbuster@911Honey.com and we will post them.
Sweet Lovers Butternut Squash
- Butternut Squash (or squash of your choosing)
- Swarmbustin' Hot Garlic Honey
Half squash lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, fill cavity with a heaping helping of Hot Garlic Honey. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Enjoy with the One You Love.
Josie’s Energy Nuggets-Maple Marvels
- Mix 1 ¼ cup fine oat bran and 2 1/3 cup non-fat dry milk.
- In a separate larger bowl, combine 2 ½ tbsp Swarmbustin’ Pollen, 3/8 cup pure maple syrup, 7/8 cup pure honey (1 ¼ cup liquid), 1 lb natural peanut butter (sugar free) and 2 tsp maple extract. Mix well, strong spoon needed.
- Add dry ingredients, stir until color is uniform.
- Dump into 7 x 11 glass dish and press firmly level with wax paper on top. Chill. Measure and score into 1” x 1” (60 pieces) onto mini cupcake papers and snack bags. Keep frozen!
Lemon Lift Variation: Same oat bran, dry milk, pollen and peanut butter. Use 1 ¼ cup honey, 2 tsp lemon extract and 1 ¼ tbsp finely grated lemon zest (peel) 3 lemons makes 2 batches.
Other Variations: (Use Lemon Lift minus Lemon ingredients)
Orange Blossom: 2 tsp orange extract and zest of one orange.
Vanilla Dreams: 1 tsp rum extract, 1 tbsp vanilla extract. No zest.
PB & J: 2 tsp strawberry or raspberry extract and 2 tbsp seedless preserves. Use chunky peanut butter.
Apple Cinnamon: 2 tsp almond extract, about ¼ cup finely grated skinned apple, 1 tbsp cinnamon
Honey & Orange Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teasponn poppy seeds
Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until blended. Add poppy seeds; pulse once. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: About 1 Cup. Serve over baby greens or baby spinach.
Honey & Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
- 2 tbls Good Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbls Swarmbustin' Honey
- 1 tbs creamy style Dijon mustard
- 4 tbls very good olive oil
- fresh cracked ground pepper and sea salt to taste
Wisk vinegar, mustard and honey together until creamy....wisk in the olive oil one tbls at a time until creamy...add black pepper to taste.
Honey, Fresh Fruit & Yogurt
For a delicious healthy snack or desert, swirl a tablespoon of honey in one serving of plain non-fat Greek yogurt along with some fresh fruit - chill in the refrigerator for about an hour and the honey becomes like ribbons of caramel....so yummy!
Honey in Your Coffee
I have been putting honey instead of sugar in my coffee for years now, it gives a very deep rich taste to the coffee, not just sweetness. And recently I met a woman who does the same thing. She said she hasn't had a cold in a long time, and I realized, neither have I!
(Submitted by Linda C.)